Permaculture Design Principles
Many of these relationships are fairly general. The best results come from creating diversity by using a variety of herbs and ornamental plants alongside the edible crops planted in the garden.
Some Companion Plants are:
- Basil helps repel flies and mosquitoes
- Birch leaves encourage compost fermentation
- Borage in the strawberry patch will increase the yield
- Catnip repels fleas, ants and rodents
- Caraway helps breakdown heavy soils
- Chamomile deters flies and mosquitoes and gives strength to any plant growing nearby
- Chives grown beneath apple trees will help to prevent apple scab; beneath roses will keep away aphids and blackspot.
- Elderberry a general insecticide, the leaves encourage compost fermentation, the flowers and berries make good wine.
- Fennel repel flies and ants
- French Marigold root secretions kill nasty nematodes (not the beneficial ones) and will repel white fly amongst tomatoes.
- Garlic helps keep aphids away from roses
- Hyssop attracts cabbage white moth keeping brassicas free from infestation
- Mint repels cabbage white moth. Dried and placed with clothes will repel clothes moth.
- Nasturtium secrete a mustard oil, which many insects find attractive and will seek out, particularly the cabbage white moth. Alternatively, the flowers repel aphids and the cucumber beetle. The climbing variety grown up apple trees will repel codling moth.
- Pyrethrum will repel bugs if grown around the vegetable garden
- Rosemary repels carrot fly
- Sage protects cabbages from cabbage white moth
- Tansy (Tanacetum, not Senecio) repels moths, flies and ants. Plant beneath peach trees to repel harmful flying insects. Tansy leaves assist compost fermentation.
- Wormwood (Artemesia, not Ambrosia) although it can inhibit the growth of plants near it, wormwood does repel moths and flies and keeps animals off the garden.
Some compatible vegetables are:
- Beetroot: Onions, Lettuce, Cabbage, Silverbeet
- Cabbages: Beans, Celery, Beetroot, Onions, Potatoes
- Cauliflower: Celery
- Celery & Celeriac: Chives, Leeks, Tomatoes, Dwarf Beans
- Carrots: Lettuce, Peas, Leeks, Chives, Onions, Cucumbers, Beans
- Broadbeans: Potatoes, Peas, Beans
- Tomatoes: Asparagus, Parsley, Broccoli, Sweet Basil, Carrots
- Sweet Corn: Potatoes, Peas, Beans
Source: Soil Sista
The Dance at Alder Cove - Youth/Father/Geezer - I see you
You're a disgusting propagandist for Hamas.
I don’t support Hamas. I don’t support governments or oppressive regimes. That’s kinda the whole point of you know, being an anarchist. I can criticize the Israeli government and army without being a supporter of Hamas. I’m really sorry that your brain is so controlled by dichotomies and black/white morality that you’re incapable of seeing more than two sides to a situation.
I wasn’t the one who sent the anon ask, but I just wanna say that it seems like anarchy is a cop-out. It’s far easier to say “this problem wouldn’t have existed without government”, and then continue to sit around doing nothing, than to actually think of ways to solve the problem.
I don’t have constructive ideas either, but at least I don’t pretend to be above the system while actually being useless.
This goes for most of what anarchists contribute to political discussions.
I’m not saying that this problem wouldn’t exist without government. I never said anything like that, I’m just saying I can’t support any group that seeks to control the people in that region. The conflict is primarily between groups seeking political power, like most militaristic conflicts.
I never said I was above any system, those are just my personal morals. I got a little snippy near the end, but I’m sick of anons calling me disgusting names and claiming I’m a supporter of Hamas and all this other stuff I get in my ask about it.
Also, I highly doubt a college student in El Paso could feasibly solve a conflict that’s been going on this long. You say cop-out as if it’s my responsibility to solve foreign affairs.
"ANARCHISTS HAVE TO COME UP WITH PERFECT SOLUTIONS TO THE WORLDS PROBLEMS OR ITS A COP OUT/ANARCHY DOESNT WORK" yeah but how come you don’t hold the government to the same standards?
^^^^^ ooh. That is the best argument ever
The Alfred Street Residence is a minimalist renovation of an existing single-level home in Prahran, Australia. A mixture of white and pale timber features exude a peaceful atmosphere, a requirement for a household with two preschoolers.
"The war on “terror” will never be over, it will just change locations. Like the war on drugs, prostitution, pornography, and the many others that will follow, it is a war on humanity. These wars will never be won; the State will just keep creating new boogiemen to frighten us with. The sheep will anxiously anticipate the next fall guy the State offers up as a sacrifice for the war on whatever happens to be next. Be careful, the next pawn could be me or you."